Terms and conditions
St Kilda Film Festival Terms and Conditions
1. The St Kilda Film Festival screens Australian-made short films. The Festival also accepts Australian co-productions where:
– A significant proportion of key crew are Australian
– Significant pre and post production occurred in Australia
– The film received significant funding from Australia.
Australian co-production eligibility details must be detailed at the time of submission and the Festival has final decisions on eligibility. If you are unsure of eligibility, please contact the Festival office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. St Kilda Film Festival accepts all fiction and non-fiction film genres.
3. Films submitted must be no longer than 30 minutes, inclusive of credits.
4. If selected for screening, the Festival insists the film is not publicly available on the internet.
5. The producer grants St Kilda Film Festival the rights to:
(a) Exhibit the film in the St Kilda Film Festival and to be considered as part of the festival regional tour.
(b) Include a section of the production for promotional purposes.
6. The producer warrants to the St Kilda Film Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary material.
7. All productions screened at 2020 St Kilda Film Festival must have been completed within 2 years of the entry closing date.
8. Entries cannot be withdrawn after Friday 20 March 2020. By submitting your film to the St Kilda Film Festival for consideration, you acknowledge this condition of entry and waive your right to withdraw your film from the Festival after this date.
9. If your film is selected for the Festival, you will be sent an email confirmation by April 2020.
10. The St Kilda Film Festival will tour a selection of films featured in the Festival around Victoria from July through to September 2020. All films entered in the St Kilda Film Festival will be considered for touring.
11. The St Kilda Film Festival only screens productions finished on QuickTime Video Codecs: Apple Pro Res 422/4444 or H.264. We do NOT screen from Beta SP, HDCam or DVD. To ensure your entry is screened correctly, you must include screening gauge and ratio details as requested on the entry form.